Southern Softpaw League
Welcome to the website of the Southern Softpaw League. Founded in 2009, SSL is an all-inclusive softball league for individuals in Metro Atlanta with a passion for the game of softball and for animals. On this website you will find information about the league, how to register, where we play, our passion and mission in raising money to help as many local animal charities in and around the Atlanta area and much more!
In addition, our league partners with the Hotlanta Softball League (HSL) and provides the best opportunity to recruit, build, and develop your team for the next HSL spring season.
The schedule is now available, click here to view it!
Registration is now open for the 2021 Fall Season! Please click the button below to register yourself as a player, or your team, if your the coach or manager...we look forward to seeing you and your team in the upcoming season!
There is a MANDATORY Coaches meeting on Sunday August 22, 2021 at 2pm at The Hideaway, please have someone from your team in attendance.
It is also a Beer Bust fundraiser, from 1:30-4:00, with all proceeds benefitting our animal charities. Tell all your teammates!
* SSL Board Positions Available *
We are currently seeking volunteers to fill 3 vacant board positions:
- ALL Positions are Non-paid
- You must be a current SSL member in good standing
- You'll be interviewed by the SSL Board and then voted for approval
- Coaching/Manager experience preferred but not required
- Have played two or more seasons in the league
- A candidate needs to work and play well with others
- Have to put the best interest of the league before their own self interest
- Special professional management skills preferred
- A strong work ethic and willingness to go the extra mile to get things done
- Be honest, ethical, and dependable
- Be willing and able to give extra time for monthly and/or weekly league meetings as needed
- Working long hours at the fields will be required (setting up, registration, concessions, and break down duties will be shared amongst all board members)
- Most importantly, must share in the SSL mission in the love of the game of softball and raising much needed funds for local animal charities who work tirelessly to save our four legged furry friends!
Contact League Governor Kenny DeLeon if interested!
We want to congratulate all the 2020 division champions!
Primetime - Super Competitive Division
Vengeance - Competitive Fun Division
Moose Knuckles - Just Fun Division
On behalf of all SSL Board members we want to thank everyone for helping us maintain a safe, competitive, and fun 2020 fall softball season!
SSL would like to acknowledge and congratulate our 2020 animal charity recipients:
Atlanta Wild Animal Rescue Effort (AWARE)
Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF)
Georgia English Bulldog Rescue
Laskey's Lucky Ones
Spay & Neuter Coalition
Walking Home Together
SSL would like to acknowledge some of the amazing people in our league whos' contributions have had a direct impact on our seasons success. Along with presenting championship trophies at our End of the Season Banquet, we will also be presenting awards to our Hall of Fame inductee, Sponsor of the year and our annual “Pawsome” award. Please join us in congratulating
Ned Nichols - SSL Hall of Fame 2020
Scott Beasley - Sponsor of the Year
Chuck Richards - Pawsome Award
Our 2020 season was extremely challenging because of the Covid-19 pandemic to a point where there was a good chance of it not happening at all. Our dedicated board members were unanimous in voting to move our season forward, even with all the extra logistical and operational requirements set fourth by the county and state Covid-19 preventive guidelines. The two primary reasons we decide to go ahead with our 2020 season was because our members told us they believe that our league was important to the social and personal health of their players, to be able to bring people together in a fun, competitive but most of all safe environment for all to enjoy. Secondly, we believe our mission of raising and donating to our local animal charities was an absolute obligation and a must, we have to fulfill each and every year. The amount our league is able to give this season has been limited due to a number of factors, reduction of player and team fees, added expenses due to Covid prevention measures, longer season and end of the season tournament, no after game host parties to assist the league and teams raise money for our charities. Our league is still giving every dollar possible to help these wonderful organizations do the hard and import work of saving as many loving pets as possible. SSL is committed to a donation amount of over $2000 dollars out of our general fund that will go directly to these selected charities. Thanks to all our members because without you none of this would be possible. We look forward to a great time on Saturday at our end of the season banquet as we say goodbye to our 2020 fall softball season.
Upcoming Sign Up Events
No upcoming events